Re: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:32:27 +0000

Peter Neal (address@hidden) wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've up dated all to 16branch now, but got a couple of questions.
>
> Can anyone tell me the config settings for patchwork?  It asks for tools
> location and GD graphics library.  and i've not got a clue.

i don't know either, but it should have a readme or something

> Also, filemanager returns the cannot create directory error.  Im using apache
> and frontpage extensions and believe it is a problem with the .htaccess files.

for the most part phpgw works independantly of .htaccess files.  It is
possible it restrict phpgw and possibly work around less than ideal server
configs with them but phpgw does not require any .htaccess file at all on most
servers.

>  I've set up the files directory as http://files.domain.com with the
> appropriate settings in config/setup.  Can anyone help or give me an example
> of a .htaccess file and tell me where i should place it?

http://files.domain.com is a URL not a directory.  It should be something like
/var/phpgwfiles

Have you followed the howto?