RE: [Phpgroupware-users] VFS and M$ issues

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] VFS and M$ issues
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:19:52 +0000

Don Graver (dgraver) (address@hidden) wrote:
> $data=rtrim(file_get_contents($event['attach_fupload']['tmp_name'][$key]));
> $this->vfs_attachments['data'][$key]=$data;  //This is where my problem was
> $data = chunk_split(base64_encode($data));

hm, i don't think the trim functions are binary safe, you shouldn't need to
trim a file anyway.

> On a side note regarding the headers, I had to add in "attachment;" to the
> Content-Disposition header to allow IE to open acrobat for pdf files.
> Otherwise, I was
> just getting an image.  Netscape works with or without the "attachment;".
>
>  header("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=".$filename);

well known issue, the vfs is supposed to handle this.

> P.s.  I just got the sourceforge.net update email and it has egroupware
> listed as ranked
> #8 and they seem to get about 600 downloads per day.  Just curious how many
> phpgw gets
> per day.

back when we were on SF we were #1 most of the time.  I don't trust sf's
download stats, seems to me that aren't enough poeple in the world to get 600
people a day interested in hosting groupware.