Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Fixing LDAP

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Fixing LDAP
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:04:19 +0100

Mandi! Dave Hall
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I have started a forum thread to help those who are interested start a
> discussion on fixing LDAP support in 16.

Sorry, i'm coming from the old time of fidonet, and is really hard for
me to follow this forum. I love lists. ;)

I've read a bit all the long thread, and seems that ldap support are
moving in the right direction. I've just say these on savanah, but i
restate here, if you want put on the forum aswell.

1) a really needed things are to brake UID and GID numberspace in two
different numberspace (seems done reading the forum)

2) a really needed things are using LDAP group membership as source for
membership also for phpgw (in .14 membership are stored in db also if
ldap are used for accounts) (also this seems done).

3) a very useful feature will be the ability of phpgw to manage all the
needed LDAP field to be used as a primary user and group management
tool (now, i'm using phpgw and GQ).
3.1) e.g., could also phpgw consider the field used by samba in
configuring user profile and SAM password?!

4) also will be a interesting feature a tools that can be used to edit
some personal user information, like company directory but that work.
O;-) Seems that also in there something was done, but i've not
understood very well. ;-)

Thanks and excuse me. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

  Linux Day 2003: Terza giornata nazionale di Linux e del Software Libero
            http://www.lilliput.linux.it/ld2003/linuxday.php