Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re. calender reminders

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re. calender reminders
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:28:55 +0000

Marcus Frischherz (address@hidden) wrote:

>Yes, I see. I gave it a try today. Lots of things to do in 16.... hardly
>works, or is this just me?

It's just for you I guess

Currently for best results with .16, update directly from cvs

running a cvs update is easy. If you are using a cvs or tarball install just
type
the following: 1) cd /path/to/phpgroupware 2) cvs -z6 update -dP ... you will
now
have the lastest updates installed

>For example, user preferences are not
>remembered, I always get the default preferences (verdilak, e.g., which
>I don't like), no matter how often I change the preferences. And
>calender does not allow to add any entry, so I can't really test the
>notification.. this is the error message I get, when trying to add an
>entry:
>

>*Fatal error*: Unsupported operand types in
>*/home/www/cal_test/calendar/inc/class.bocalendar.inc.php* on line *1079
>
>so.. should I report all the errors somewhere, or are they already known?

I don't know if this is a known error or not

The first thing to do when encountering a bug is make sure you have the most
recent
version.  Currently in the case of .16, it is available only from cvs (that is
where
all things go before packages are made)

The first place to check for reported bugs or report new ones is the bug
tracker on
the savanah project page (I think there is a link from our web site).

Although signing into savanah is not required, it is helpful since you get
update
reports via email on your bug reports and the developers can contact you for
more
info if required to troubleshoot the problem.

This particular problem may have been fixed in the current verion from cvs or
it may
be system specific since I haven't heard of the same problem.  More specific
help
can be provided if you post more info like:
OS (and version)
Web server (and version)
Database (and version)
php version