Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Before posting another one of my strange bug re

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Before posting another one of my strange bug reports...
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:54:02 +0000

In my other email, I neglected to mention that "Pragma: no-cache" headers can cause problems in some versions of IE as well.

Chris Weiss wrote:

I know there have been problem relating to IE and PDF's before even outsode of
phpgw, usualy related to Acrobat not being properly registered with IE (no idea
whos
fault it is but certainly not user error).  Downloading the file and opening it
in
these cases almost always works.

Marco Gaiarin (address@hidden) wrote:
...i'll ask here, also because this is a browser related problem.

My phpgw public installation, with sitemgr, got another ugly problem,
and this is really strange.

If you go to:

        http://www.ac.concordia-pordenone.it/index.php?page_name=Biennale2

you can read (in italian) an article about an event of my nonprofit
organization. At the bottom there's two link to download the invitation
letter in oo writer and in pdf. File reside on phpwebhosting.

If i connect with mozilla, i can download the file with no pain.

If i connect with IE (6sp1), an error popups. a very strange error. If
i look at the apache log on server, the file are sended, so this is not
an apache/php/phpgw problem.

Note that in:

        http://www.ac.concordia-pordenone.it/index.php?page_name=Vince

I've included with the same tecnique (from phpwebhosting) an image, and
i've display well and any browser i've used.

Boh... please, say me something. ;)

         Proteggiamo l'innovazione in Europa: no ai brevetti software
                           http://swpat.xsec.it/