Re: [Phpgroupware-users] sitemgr, phpwebhosting and permissions...

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] sitemgr, phpwebhosting and permissions...
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:12:26 +0000

at some point a more direct way was added but I don't think it's in .14 and
forget
the syntax.  It's on the mailing list somewhere, probably on the developers
list.

The way I did this before was to make a group to store the files I wanted to
share
and grant the sitemgr user read only access to the group.  There is no built in
way
to prevent a user from uploading to their home dir, but you can achive this by
making the users dir read only on the file system.  Unfortunatly, the whole
"anonymous user" concept was an after thought so it's not as nice as it could
be.
There are some major changes in store to rectify this, but don't expect to see
it in
a release for at least another 6 months, probably longer.