[Phpgroupware-users] phpGroupWare recommended by IDA

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] phpGroupWare recommended by IDA
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:30:15 +1000

Hi all,

Just a little news item.

The European Commission's Interchange of Data between Adminstrations
Program (IDA) has release "Open Source Migration Guidelines", in which
phpGroupWare gets a pretty good write up.  See
http://europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/jsps/index.jsp?fuseAction=showDocument&parent=news&documentID=1647

Here is a quick summary of the phpGW parts of the report:

"10.2.2. Calendaring and Groupware
PhpGroupWare or the Horde would make very good web based solutions." page 34

"11.3. Calendaring and Groupware"
"phpGroupWare (http://www.phpgroupware.org/) has a good reputation." -
page 40

Some of the features of phpGW are not listed in the report, as they said
they had difficulty in finding information on our website.  Hopefully
this will change soon, with some changes planned.  I think a little
correction email may be in order :)

After my first read, I think there are some good points about what we
need to do better, and standards we could look at complying with.

There is also a thread on /. - see
http://slashdot.org/articles/03/10/21/2131251.shtml?tid=117&tid=126&tid=163&tid=99

Happy reading

Cheers