Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Restrict ability to add events.

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Restrict ability to add events.
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:59:20 +0000

Don Graver (dgraver) (address@hidden) wrote:

>Not sure if anyone has done this, but thought I would ask before I
>tried.  Can an admin set up a group so that they are not able to Add
>events to a calendar, but are able to accept events they are invited to.
>I want to be able to let external customers use our phpGW site, but
>without letting them use it as their own personal calendaring system
>(ie. Clogging up the DB).  I know I can restrict a group from the
>calendar as a whole, but that would eliminate them from being able to
>accept events.  Thanks for the help.
>
>-- Don

I don't think it is possible as it currently exists.  Your customers would have
have access to the calendar app, and there's no way (I think) to give them
access
but prevent them from using it

However, you could consider writing a web page that polls the db and display a
real
time view of your calendar

--
Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this