Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Palm or MS Outlook sync

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Palm or MS Outlook sync
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:14:27 +0000

palm sync isn't ready yet.

Outlook sync can be done with a 3rd party tool called hamoha (i think) but
requires
an ODBC source on each client with full read/write access to ALL the phpgw
tables.
In a small setup might be acceptable but is highly insecure.  They say someday
they'll make it work using XML-RPC or SOAP which would be able to honor the
phpGW
permissions system.