RE: [Phpgroupware-users] hobby

From: Brian Connolly
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] hobby
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 05:37:03 -0500

Dan,

I think this discussion certainly exceeds the medium.  But let's continue.

You're missing something essential to all human endeavors.  They're outward
faced.  Strength, power, leadership, value... all are rooted in service.

Here, I'll put a finer point on it.  There are vocations, avocations and
then there's just wacking off.  Some hobbies are so self absorbed as to be
best practiced in private.  As an independent observer, I'll tell you that
it most often looks like this project rises to avocation, and its success is
in spite of itself.  If I were to squander an opportunity like that, I'd
have to plan.

Brian