Re: [Phpgroupware-users] open_basedir restriction

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] open_basedir restriction
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:56:34 -0700

Brian Connolly wrote:

Remember, without users, phpgw is only a hobby.
You say that as a bad thing.
When jengo and I started phpGW and laid out the entire infastructure we did it completely as a hobby. Many of the initial development team worked on phpGW as a hobby, since none of us were being paid for any phpGW work, and to this day very few people involved make any money dev'ing it. In fact alot of the time "users" simply get in the way of the fun.

Of course many involved are in fact focused on the user base, and making money working on phpGW, and the project benefits from this group as well. But dont go getting all pissy about the ***FREE*** help you are offered, and try and insinuate that phpGW is only a hobby without you. Because if thats the case, SO WHAT?

Its nice that the world can benefit from what we started as a "hobby".

Dan