RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] open_basedir restriction

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] open_basedir restriction
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 02:25:07 +0000

Brian Connolly (address@hidden) wrote:
>Bottom line: phpgw is reporting an error.  Is there actually someone on the
>list that can provide actual direction rather that intellectual self
>pleasure?
>
>Brian

As I said before, look up the open_basedir value and copy the programs needed to
something below that dir structure.  If you don't have shell access or ftp
access to
 /usr/bin then you can't do this.

And phpgw isn't reporting an error, php is because your host doesn't trust you
(not
uncommon, hosts don't trust anybody).

You have 2 choices:
1) don't use the problem app because your host doesn't support the requirements
for
them.

2) use a little old fashioned ingenuity and work around the problem.  it's your
site, we can't tell you the right way because every host is different.  I have 3
servers and all 3 have different setups.

Bottom line:  this is not a phpgw issue, it's a server config issue, the server
does
not have the default config and has one that's less than optimal for running
phpgw.
 If you send those errors to your webhost support and they don't give you a
clear
answer then I personally recomend finding a host that will work with you...or at
least one that knows how to admin a php enabled web server.