Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Sending email with attachments

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Sending email with attachments
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:11:26 +1000

"Don Graver (dgraver)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to send an email with attachments via the class 'send'.
> More specifically, I would like for a user to be able to add files
> to a
> Calendar event, then when the notification email is sent to all
> participants, the files are attached.  I have no problem adding the
> newfield to the calendar app, I am just unsure how to create all the
> necessary MIME headers and boundaries and use them in the send class.
> Has anyone else tried something similar?

class.send.inc.php is a little broken atm.  It is on the to be fixed for
16-final list :)

I think what you want to do is a good idea, but could be problematic also.

Are you planning on emailing the attachments to phpgw users only?  If
you are the VFS is a better choice.  Just to include a link to the file
in the VFS.

I hope in head (which will become 18 one day) that we can support saving
attachments in the VFS and also direct import of v/iCals into calendar
from attachments.

Just some ideas, sorry I don't have the answers.

Cheers

Dave