Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost admin password

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Lost admin password
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:29:00 +1000

address@hidden wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to crack the admin password for a groupware install I have
> taken over. Any quick answers?
> I took a look at the mail list archives and did not find anything. My
> apologies if I missed it.
> I'm thinking of dumping mysql data and running the config steps.

Pretty simple,  for header admin and setup just edit the values in
header.inc.php, for the admin account try this on the db console or with
php*admin:
UPDATE phpgw_accounts
SET account_pwd = MD5('newpass')
WHERE account_lid = 'admin';

Double check the field names, i am going from memory.  Change admin to
the login you need to change.

Cheers

Dave