Re: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:22:01 +1000

Alex Borges <address@hidden> wrote:

> My dear friend.....
>
> Oh, did you ever ask what was easyer to use, the packages or the
> tarball?
>
> 1.- M<ake shure your temporal directory is pointing to /tmp

IIRC this is a php.ini setting, which should point to /tmp, I am not
sure what the debs do with the session path, double check your php.ini

> 2.- Give the 14.005 tarball a whirl....it is actually easyer to
> install(as with most web apps) and better supported than the debs.

Make that 14.006.  All previous versions have security exploits, which
means that only 14.006 and up are supported.  Also our tarballs include
the CVS directories to make it easier to update than using apt-get.  I
know easier than apt-get seems hard to beleive, but its true :)