Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RE: Problems with Apache Processes

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RE: Problems with Apache Processes
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:15:30 +1000

Bart Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> On September 10, 2003 Jorge Izquierdo posted a message about
> problems
> with the apache processes.  He was experiencing httpd processes
> consuming all of the CPU on his system.  I am having a simular
> problem.
> An associate of mine tracked the problem down to the calendar
> program.
> It works like this:
> In user preferences, if a user selects 00:00 hrs as a workday start
> or
> work day end, viewing the day view causes the error.  If the start
> preference is changed to 01:00 and the end to 23:00 the problem
> goes
> away.  I have tried several different combinations of times, and
> the
> problem only seems to arise if 00:00 hrs is selected.

Yeah I had a report of this problem also.  It is a boundary condition
bug, which should be fixed.  I think it will take some time track down.
 I have logged a bug at
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5324&group_id=509

If people can contribute to tracking it down, then it will probably be
solved more quickly.

I would suggest that no one should really be planning on working 24hour
days, but I know it does happen :)