[Phpgroupware-users] RE: Problems with Apache Processes

From: Bart Bailey
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] RE: Problems with Apache Processes
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:44:10 -0600

On September 10, 2003 Jorge Izquierdo posted a message about problems with the apache processes. He was experiencing httpd processes consuming all of the CPU on his system. I am having a simular problem. An associate of mine tracked the problem down to the calendar program. It works like this: In user preferences, if a user selects 00:00 hrs as a workday start or work day end, viewing the day view causes the error. If the start preference is changed to 01:00 and the end to 23:00 the problem goes away. I have tried several different combinations of times, and the problem only seems to arise if 00:00 hrs is selected.

I have tried this on 4 separate phpGroupWare 0.9.14.006 instalations( 3 with Postgresql and 1 with MySql), all have the same problem. Additionally, changing the persistant connections in the php.ini seems to have not effect.

Changing the Forced Preferences doesn't seem to fix the problem if the user selects 00:00 as a work time.

I have looked at the class.uipreferences.php in the calendar directory, but I am unsure where to make changes to the code to fix the problem. Any help??

Thank You,
Bart Bailey