Re: [Phpgroupware-users] New contacts backend

From: Star Support Beheer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] New contacts backend
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:58:19 +0200

I'm willing to wait (and meanwhile test ;-) ) for I just love to see this kick ass app get into .16Final

thanks for the wonderfull and hard work!

Hsing-Foo (aka pooh_)

Alex Borges wrote:
Dear users and developers,

I am Alex B, of the Step One team trying hard to bring you a killer, CRM
ready addressbook backend for your favorite groupware suite. I am not
the developer of the application, but i am responsible for it.

We have been really trying to accomplish all of this on schedulle, and
with the least pain possible for all of us.

As the nature of the change was very radical (the addressbook comes from
a very simple one table application, to an 8 table wide application),
keeping you guys (both developers and users) out of the way of harm has
not been easy, even, it has not been possible.

I know this is the RC cycle and most of you expected a more stable deal
by now, but the fact is that it isnt there yet.
I especially would like to thank users for their patience and very fast
and accurate bug reporting  it is the best thing that can happen to us
when we can go ahead and fix the problems you find.

Now, it is time  to ask you for one more favor, i want the second
release candidate to feel like bliss, to run with only minor bugs and
outstanding/easy feature requests that can instantly be added for your
pleasure. To enssure this, i need more time.

I hereby ask the community at large for two more weeks for us to finish
the stabilization of the addressbook, among general bugfixing in the
interaction of the new contacts backend to old apps.

If you as a majority think otherwise (bring back the old contacts
backend), it can be done as well. We just dump this in head and keep
working there.

Alex Borges (LEX)
Step One Group