Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RC1 installation problems

From: Kevin Scott
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RC1 installation problems
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:44:28 +0000

Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote:

>Kevin Scott (address@hidden) wrote:
>>
>>cvs update this morning 9/12 EST postgresql 7.3.3 php4.2.2 apache 1.3.26
>>
>>upgrading a .508 dataset gets this error
>>
>>Database error: Invalid SQL: 3
>>PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "3" at character 1
>>)
>>
>>Session halted.
>>
>>Hitting the back button and trying upgrade again gets this
>>
>>Database error: Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE phpgw_accounts ADD COLUMN person_id
>>int4
>>PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: ALTER TABLE: column name "person_id" already
>>exists in
>>table "phpgw_accounts" )
>>

>This is very odd.  Can you load the phpgwapi/setup/tables_update.inc.php file
>and
>search for a '3' in the upgrade to .509 function (should be the second to last
>section)
>
>The lack of more SQL in the error makes it look like it is trying to submit a
>'3' as
>a complate SQL query.
>
>It might also be a variable and harder to spot.  The SQL is usually made up of
>number of lines in the code and something like $sql .= "";
>
>The period means add it to the existing $sql string being constructed.  Maybe
>you're
>missing one of the periods?

I don't know, I've spent 40 minutes looking at that section and don't see
anything
out of place. there are no lone 3's and I don't see anywhere a variable would
be set
to 3

>>I tried this with two different perfectly functioning .508 databases, same
>>thing on
>>each.
>>
>>A Fresh install (new database) goes fine until creating admin user, after the
>>form
>>is submitted I get this error.
>>
>>Database error: Invalid SQL: insert into phpgw_accounts (account_lid,
>>account_type,
>>account_pwd, account_firstname, account_lastname, account_status,
>>account_expires,
>>person_id) values ('Default','g','f9275xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdad1cf0ba141',
>>'Default','Group','A',-1,)
                        ^^^^  I think this is where the problem is. what is a
proper
value for person_id?

>>PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ")" at character
>>233 )
>>
>>File:
>>/usr/local/www/data-dist/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.accounts_sql.inc.php
>>Line: 348
>>
>>Session halted.
>>

>Is this a completely new install or a existing db with all the tables dropped?

This completely new fresh database

>looks like a sequence for the person_id (actually for contact_id in another
>table
>but person_id is set to equal contact_id) is screwed up somehow (in pgsql
>dropping
>sequences is a separate command/process from dropping a table)
>
>Just thinking out loud.  Hope something is useful.

Thanks again