Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with apache processes

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with apache processes
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:16:11 +0000

there is a problem in php's IMAP support that can limit scaling, or at least
make it
very difficult to do, but it sounds like you're already past that.

IIRC, maybe it's just apache 1.3.x, but doesn't apache have a memory leak issue
on
Solaris?  I think the fix was to set the apache clild to a lower Max requests
so it
removes itself from memory before becomming too much of an issue.

Might be unreleated, but the PHP developers are still not recomending
php+apache2
for production use... you'll have to ask them for the specific reasons, in
general
they claim "stability".