Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with apache processes

From: Jorge Izquierdo
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with apache processes
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:40:53 +0200

Let´s see:

1.- "Persistent Connections" is set to true
2.- "Sessions Type" is set to db
3.- "PhpGroupWare to cache the phpgw info array" is set to NO

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jorge

Brian Johnson escribió:
Also please specify
1. if "Persistent connection" specified in phpgroupware/setup/manageheader
2. if using php or db sessions specified in phpgroupware/setup/manageheader
3. if 'phpGroupWare to cache the phpgw info array' is set in
phpgroupware/setup/config (not sure if this would affect anything)

Just trying to narrow down your system specs to find the prob.

Pascal Vilarem (address@hidden) wrote:

Do you have persistent connections to database ??
(php.ini)

Jorge Izquierdo wrote:

Hello everybody. I´m using phpgroupware in an Apache 2.0.46 server with
PHP 4.3.2 enabled and MySQL 4.0.13 database on a Solaris 8 operating
system.

I have 20000 users using email and calendar applications deployed in my
environment. The problem is, that after a couple of days working
everything fine, my httpd process (apache childs) start consuming all
the CPU of my system and causung everything to work slower and slower.
Does anybody have a similar problem? Is this a problem of the
application or maybe the versions I´m using? Does phpgroupware works
fine in environments similar to mine (20000 users and calendar and email
application)?

Thanks for any suggestion

Jorge