Re: [Phpgroupware-users] non-standard ports in email?

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] non-standard ports in email?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:14:18 +0000

I looked into this some time ago and decided I don't understand Angles code
quite
well enough to do it properly.

The difficulty arives because the email class auto chooses the port based on the
mail server type.  What I ended up doing for that one special case is hacking in
another mail server type with my port number.

Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote:

>I know that the admin config screen has a port box for SMTP .. maybe also for
>IMAP/POP?
>
>Perhaps adding a :143 or something similar to the server address would work?

This could be the easest way, the code could look for the port on the end and if
there isn't one then do it's normal thing...

>SI Reasoning (address@hidden) wrote:
>>
>>It would be nice if the web interface to the email program would also have a
>>place for non-standard ports (as I ssh port forward for one of my imap
>>accounts)
>>
>>also, email aliasing would also be a wonderful feature as I have several email
>>accounts on one imap account.

you can sort of do this now by setting up an Extra Account for each email
address
and then just choose that account before sending.  It would be really cool to be
able to choose what account to send from right from the compose/reply/forward
screen
so you can reply FROM whatever account you want no matter where the email was
sent
to.  IIRC Oulook Express does this by adding a From drop down list to the
compose
headers.

just FYI, I'm CC'ing this to the anglemail list where the descusion really
should be....