RE: [Phpgroupware-users] sessions and corrupt table

From: Kevin Scott
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] sessions and corrupt table
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:07:00 +0000

The Emilsons (address@hidden) wrote:

>It would seem to me that if globals are off, would not a variable for my
>kind of setup be needed?
>What does one do if the administrator disables ssh, and I am stuck with
>ye ol, ftp, would not an alternative or a step by step guide on what to

The only alternative would be a very cooperative hosting provider. If you don't
have
ssh access you will be very limited in your ability to properly administer this
and
many other LAMP (linux, apache, mysql, php) apps

>do if such is a case,?and an upgrade to allow those unable to cVS?
> And what about a preset up file that lists back all variables and what
>can possibly go wrong by installing it with the setup each own system
>represents?

an experienced administrator will create backups of both program and data files
before doing any updates, whether from cvs or tarball.

man tar
man mysql

>Just a thought or two

This is not a new concept. You'll need to do less thinking and more reading.