Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Who develops phpGroupWare?

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Who develops phpGroupWare?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:23:17 +0000 (GMT)

Ralf Becker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave Hall wrote:
> > Ralf Becker <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>we have an other nice word in german:
> >>
> >>the hiten doc barks ;-)
> >
> > I think this sums up your response to the server issue very well
> >
> > I know what I have done for the project, and the people involved.
> Let's
> > focus on the real issues - how we move forward.  If you are not
> able to
> > do this, fine by me.
> >
> > It time to stop behaving like a kid who didn't get picked as
> captian of
> > the football team - and just be happy to be on the team.
> >
> > You want to make it personal - bring it on
>
> I have not started makeing it personal. I just added an other
> famous
> word to the list you started makeing up.
>
> Read you own reply a view line above, to see an example about
> makeing
> things very personal.
>
> I have no idea who made you the "captain of the footballteam", as
> far as
> I know the elections have not taken part so far, or have they been
> postponed in favor of a proclamation.

I am claiming to be captian of the team.  I am happy to be on the team.
 I was getting us a GNU server up as soon as possible.

> I'm not interested in a captains position,

Really?  Don't kid yourself.  I remember some long phone calls and IRC
chats with you before the leadership "discussion".  We both know you
want a leadership position, that is fine, but don't claim you don't, or
play little power games.

> my only point is: There
> are
> other people contributing a lot to the project and not standing
> that
> much in the public, as they dont spend so much time in IRC or on
> the
> list, because they are busy codeing for phpGW.

Yes, I understand this, and I value all contributions to the project.

I think your timing was very dodgy.  We both know that more has been
going on in private chat and off list emails - don't kid yourself Ralf.
 You want a piece of the infrastructure pie, as you think it would give
you some power or something.  At every opportunity you want to use "the
Toshiba box" for the website.  You have even suggested that moving to a
GNU box is just an interim solution.

Ralf be up front with the users.  Don't make it seem like you are trying
to be good guy in all of this - you have other agendas.

For those of you who think my responses in the last 12hours have been a
little out of character, you are entitled to your opinions.  There is
always a reason for my "out of character" responses.  On this one it is
pure frustation.  I am meant to be on holidays on the other side of the
world - but the main phpGW issue people in Germany have discussed with
me is the lack of a website.  I try to implement an angreement that was
made months ago - and what is the response?  Accusations of not
supporting democracy, a "who is the worlds greatest cvs commiter"
ranking chart.

It is seeming like I am stuck in an episode of "Itchy & Scratchy" from
the Simpsons - any simpsons fan should understand what I mean.

Anyway, I am off to enjoy the sights of Hamburg.  I will be working on
the server later today.

> I hope that helps to clearfy things and to calm down all of us.
>
> Lets start talking again ...

I am sick of talking about bs.  Lets move forward.  We always get stuck
talking crap.