Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Website

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Website
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:33:07 +0000

Rodolfo J. Paiz (address@hidden) wrote:

>At 8/12/2003 22:10 +0000, you wrote:
>>Thanks for trying.  16RC1 is now unlikely to be released before I get
>>back to .au and recover from my jetlag - about 10days
>
>So OK, roughly 10 days to maybe two weeks for RC1. I realize it's an
>estimate, but when would you guess that the "stable" 16 will be out? A
>guess, off the record, just a thumb-in-the-wind estimate...
>
>Also, I keep reading about "updating your phpGroupWare from CVS" and the
>implication is that one can update the phpGW installation one is actually
>running, in-place and without much hassle, to include all available
>patches. Where can I find documentation on how to do that?
>
>Thanks,

FAQs - [cvs-update]: running a cvs update is easy. If you are using a cvs or
taball
install just type the following: 1) cd /path/to/phpgroupware 2) cvs -z6 update
-dP
... you will now have the lastest updates installed

Then go to http:// ..... /phpgroupware/setup to update the db tables to
whatever has
changed

I think you need CVS tags before this can be done.  I think those tags are
included
in the phpgw tarballs.

--
Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this