Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Website

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Website
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:09:44 +0000 (GMT)

"Rodolfo J. Paiz" <address@hidden> wrote:

> At 8/12/2003 22:10 +0000, you wrote:
> >Thanks for trying.  16RC1 is now unlikely to be released before I get
> >back to .au and recover from my jetlag - about 10days
>
> So OK, roughly 10 days to maybe two weeks for RC1. I realize it's
> an
> estimate, but when would you guess that the "stable" 16 will be
> out? A
> guess, off the record, just a thumb-in-the-wind estimate...

It really depends.  I will not support a RC1 release without some basic
testing - ie no show stoppers in it.

I would also not support 16 being considered stable until more things
are considered stable than what we have in 14

> Also, I keep reading about "updating your phpGroupWare from CVS"
> and the
> implication is that one can update the phpGW installation one is
> actually
> running, in-place and without much hassle, to include all available
> patches. Where can I find documentation on how to do that?

Ummm ... it was on our website ... but alas we still have no site.

4 command sets

Update 14 - removing any modifications
cd /path/to/phpgroupware
cvs update -dPC

Update 14 - keeping any modifications
cd /path/to/phpgroupware
cvs update -dP

Update 16 (aka 0.14.5xx) - removing any modifications
cd /path/to/phpgroupware
cvs update -r Version-0_9_16-branch -dPC

Update 16 (aka 0.14.5xx) - keeping any modifications
cd /path/to/phpgroupware
cvs update -r Version-0_9_16-branch -dP

Note the keeping any modification option may cause conflicts, and so
should be run on a Saturday - so you have time to fix it.

Also always run regular back ups!!!!

Cheers

Dave