Re: [Phpgroupware-users] root

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] root
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:13:56 +0200

Do I understand you right:
1) Docroot: /home/viking/public_html/office
2) URL:     http://office.mysite.com

Files dir could be: /home/viking/files
It should be owned by the webserver and have 700 permissions only accessible by the webserver. Your webserver-user depends on your distro (SuSE: wwwrun, RH: apache, ...)

You need to create the home-dir manualy /home/viking/files/home, InfoLog will create it's subdir automaticaly.

Ralf

The Emilsons wrote:
Can someone tell me the difference between server root and include root?
Trying to use both infolog and phpwebhosting?
I have attempted to create files/folders for both these apps and have
failed miserably.

I have followed all emails to this topic, and I understand to make
outside of document for files, but for the life of me I cannot get this
app to work, I am ready to give up.

I am running the latest vers. I have done home/viking/public_html/office
I have done
/office

I have checked permissions for 777
I even manually created folders

The only thing I do differently than what Ive read so far from you all
is that 1:I am on a virtual host
2: the phpgroupware is in a subdomain   http://office.mysite.com/

please I am not sure what other info you need to help me resolve this,
if this isn't enough info, please advise as such

Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden