Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Langauge translations

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Langauge translations
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:19:19 +0200

Thanks a lot Guillaume. I´ve been trying to make some translations with the application installed but I can´t make them visible in my phpgroupware applications.

I perform the operations step by step: first I select the source language (english) and the target one (spanish), then I translate the phrase (from the application I´m tring to update, for example calendar), and then I write the target file (and I check the file and I can see the changes reflected). Finally I click the "update database" button.

When I go to the application with spanich as my default language, I can´t see my tranlation reflected. Whay am I missing? I have a doubt anout the trnaslation page, what the "application" combo is for? It give the options "calendar, login, preferences, common and admin" to select. I must select any special app, depending on the phrase?

Application stands for the application you are currently translating. I believe you should always leave this as it is, as it must be based on the english file, which is good normally.

You should see the translations, unless the code has no lang() call to use your translation. If it happens on certain phrases, that's certainly the problem. If it happens will all, then the problem is in dev_tools ...

Did you try to update your phrases with setup ?