Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Group ACLs

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Group ACLs
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:38:04 +0000

The access permissions for users and groups is similar to a file system

You can assign people (accounts) to more than one group and control which
groups get
to read/write/delete the records of other groups.  You can also do it on a user
by
user basis, but it is time consuming when there is likely duplicated setup
between
some users .. that is why there is groups.

If you have all your users in one group then you can only control that one
group and
you limit how much versatility you have (which is fine if one group is all you
need
to achieve your desired results.

Sounds like you want a multigroup setup.  Make your groups, assign users to
them,
and give the groups permissions in the Admin app

You'll have to think through the logic of which groups get access to which other
group's records .. it is often very difficult to explain / ask questions about
anything other than the most simple specific setups