RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Category sub-Category, again.

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Category sub-Category, again.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:29:32 +0000

Sorry, I guess my install (0.9.14.005) works the same as yours

Looks like the event selection for display is done in
calendar/inc/class.socalendar.inc.php by the function list_events

                function
list_events($startYear,$startMonth,$startDay,$endYear=0,$endMonth=0,$endDay=0,$owner_id=0)
                {
                        $extra = '';
                        $extra .= (strpos($this->filter,'private')?'AND
phpgw_cal.is_public=0 ':'');
                        $extra .= ($this->cat_id?"AND phpgw_cal.category like
'%".$this->cat_id."%' ":'');

this last line looks like $this->cat_id is the category being checked against
and
phpgw_cal.category if the db field of the recod being checked

You would have to add a loop to get the children of $this->cat_id (with a SQL
select
statement) and add their ids to the $extra string (that is being used as a SQL
select statement) with an OR function

OR

you could just pick both the parent and child category when creating/editing the
event (they can be assigned more than one category)