Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with IMAP auth

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with IMAP auth
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:01:32 +0200

Jeremy Oddo <address@hidden> schrieb:
>OK, I know this has been covered before, but I'm having problems with
>IMAP
>authing.  I've followed the HOW-TO but I'm still stuck.  I've got a
>couple
>questions.  First, it says to make an account to match my account on
>my
>mail server.  Does that mean "address@hidden" or just "user"?  If it's
>just
>"user" then I need to be able to put the domain name in the
>drop-down
>list.  How do I go about that?  Finally, I'm using
>courier-IMAP...has
>anyone successfully gotten IMAP authing to work with courier?

Well, that username must match the username!!! :)

You can configure email/felamimail to use vmailmgr authentication.
That means, that if your username is "joe" and the email-domain is
"foo.bar", email/felamimail send "address@hidden" as username.

But if your imap server just want "joe" as username, then just disable
vmailmgr authentication.

email/felamimail send the username/password used to log into phpgw to the
imap server, until the user defines his own username/password in his
preferences.

Ok?

Cu
--