Re: [Phpgroupware-users] multiple domains

From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] multiple domains
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:29:51 +0200

"Visual Energy Studio" <address@hidden> wrote:

> How does one use multiple domains in PHP GroupWare?

If you have a look at you hearders.inc.php, you'll find a section where
it says in comments:

"Uncomment this out and use this for supporting different domains using
this single install"

And there you can configure your second "domain" just like you did for
the first one, supplying database informations and passwords

> I get the impression from my reading that it is possible to have, for
> example, 1 group of people go to group1.mydomain.com and another group
> of people go to group2.mydomain.com, have them use the same program
> files but different databases.

Right, they'll all use the same program files but to login they will
either have to use address@hidden or address@hidden or you can configure
phpGW to supply a drop down list with group1 and group2 so that they'll
just need to enter their username in the respective groups.

> I know how to make these 2 domains
> point to the same place on my server. That_s not a problem. I need to
> know how to set up PHP GroupWare to detect the different domains and
> use the correct database.

But you can also use 2 separate installations in 2 different directories
using virtual domains of your web server.

Jean-Pierre