[Phpgroupware-users] Mail Auth to RedHat 9 imapd

From: Kirk Lawson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Mail Auth to RedHat 9 imapd
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:39:00 -0500

I'm trying to set up a Mail Auth loging with auto account creation to a
Red Hat 9 (shrike) default install including the defaul imapd
installation and the phpGroupWare-all-apps-0.9.14.003-1.noarch.rpm
package.

When I set the /setup/ to SQL authentication (and manually create the
accounts) I log in just fine and can access IMAP email just fine.

However, when I try the IMAP authroization it fails to log in, issuing a
"bad password or username" error and the imapd log issues this:
"imapd[xxxx]: Command stream end of file, while reading line user=???
host=UNKNOWN"

In the Admin -> EMail -> Site Configuration -> IMAP server type select I
have tried all settings:  Cyrus or Curior / UWash / UW-maildir

Is the RH 9 imap package incompatible with the Auth while being
compatible with simple imap management from the included mail client?  Do
I need a different imap/pop server?

I'm kinda at a loss.  This doesn't seem to be in the FAQ, the HOWTOS or
in the list archives.

Peace favor your sword
 ---
"In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
knowledge of their use."
 -Achille Marozzo, 1536