Re: [Phpgroupware-users] PHPGW is Dang Slow

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] PHPGW is Dang Slow
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 07:56:46 -0400

How about quadrupling your RAM?  Do you happen to be running X or anything
intensive like that on the box as well?  If so, there's your problem.  As for
uploads, the size of the file being uploaded is going to be a factor in the
length of the POST request.  Bigger files take longer (just like
downloading).  (I may have misunderstood your reference to posting and
uploading.)  I run groupware on a beefy server (dual GHz, a gig or two of
RAM) and have no slowness at all except when the server is otherwise tied up
with requests.  Do you have your apache threaded? How's it configured? What
version of PHP? I understand PHP and apache 2 aren't completely compatible
yet.  Just some thoughts.

--
Daryl L. L. Houston