Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Login performance

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Login performance
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:14:33 +1000

Marcus Frischherz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Zitat von "Lars Kneschke(priv.)" <address@hidden>:
>
> > Chris Weiss <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >
> > I also have another idea.
> >
> > Maybe your webserver is not able to communicate with the
> internet. Someone
> > added a access to a time server in the internet, to sync the
> time at login.
> > If your webserver is not able to communicate with the internet,
> the socket
> > hangs until a timeout occurs.
> >
> Oh... that I don't like. I synchronize my server myself, I don't
> want anyone
> else fiddling with it. Also, the user under which Apache is
> running, usually
> does not have root privileges, which I suppose are necessary for
> setting the
> time of the server? How to deactivate this?

The time sync is just calling time-a.nist.gov to get the time, it does
not change the system time, just makes sure the time in phpgw is
correct.  It uses port 13(daytime) or 80(http).  It is only called when
you run setup.

To disable it go into http://server.com/phpgroupware/setup login to
setup/config click on edit config there should be a datetime port - set
it to "00 - disable"