Re: [Phpgroupware-users] how to save my data

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] how to save my data
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:18:08 +0000

BOYER PASCAL (address@hidden) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to know how to save my data.
>
>I tried this, but it doesn't work:
>
>su
>/etc/init.d/mysql stop
>cp /var/lib/mysql/phpgroupware/* ~/pgwdata.bkp
>rm /var/lib/mysql/phpgroupware/*
>/etc/init.d/mysql start
>
>and then, of course, I have no more data about pgw.
>
>Now, I want to put back my data:
>
>su
>/etc/init.d/mysql stop
>cp ~/pgwdata.bkp/* /var/lib/mysql/phpgroupware
>/etc/init.d/mysql start
>
>and I can see my data with PhpMyAdmin, but if I try to login me to pgw I
>obtain this error message:
>
>Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables
>for phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup.
>
>What must I do to save correctly my data ?
>

>Pascal -- France

Dave gave you a better way of backing up your data.  The adjustment you needed
with
your cp command is:
cp -p -R /var/lib/mysql/phpgroupware/* ~/pgwdata.bkp

The same thing with your restore:
cp -p -R ~/pgwdata.bkp/* /var/lib/mysql/phpgroupware

This maintains the proper rights and copies the subdirectories.

--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing