[Phpgroupware-users] problem installing 9.14.506

From: Kevin Scott
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] problem installing 9.14.506
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 03:41:39 +0000

I wanted to get filemanager working under this version so I deleted and
reinstalled
everything as per an earlier msg. here is the initial error msg recvd when
installing the core tables

Database error: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO phpgw_vfs (owner_id, createdby_id,
modifiedby_id, created, modified, size, mime_type, deleteable, comment, app,
directory, name, link_directory, link_name) VALUES
(0,0,0,'1970-01-01',NULL,NULL,'Directory','Y',NULL,NULL,'/','', NULL, NULL)
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null
attribute
content )

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/usr/local/www/data-dist/dev/16/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_pgsql.inc.php
 on
line 545

I changed Nullable to True for the field content in the phpgw_vfs table setup in
phpgwapi/setup/tables_current.inc.php

The install went without a hitch But filemanager still does not work. The path
files is set correctly and the whole tree is set to 777
initially I get the expected screen But any action after that produces this
error

Error:  You do not have access to /home/kcscott ÃÜ

I have no idea where the special characters are coming from

Also I had email working before I deleted and reinstalled everything
now I'm getting those darn can't open stream msgs regardless of correct
settings.
weirdly, I got them a few times I first installed this branch but it all of
sudden
just started to work.  any special magic recommended.  I'm using cyrus imap
w/sasl
php4.2.2, pgsql 7.2.2 apache 1.26 phpgw 9.14.506 from cvs

I'm sending this stuff to the list cuz there's no bug category for .16 or
.14.506 :)
Thanks - Kevin Scott