[Phpgroupware-users] Re: sitemgr -> manage pages

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: sitemgr -> manage pages
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:09:57 -0400

mjc <address@hidden> a écrit:

> Pleading for insight...I hope this is the right list.
>
> I'm new to phpgw and sitemgr and I've read the documentation I could find.
>
> I'd like to host our web site using 'groupware's authentication to
> distribute specific program information to registered users.  Most of
> that content is static but the files are often large--too large to
> maintain in the text boxes provided by sitemgr's page management
> facility.
>
> I would like to include() the program files and have tried the
> following in one of the text boxes:

> Text from the sitemgr edit page
> text BEFORE php section
> <?php
>      include('/<absolutePath>/ProgramA/filename');
> ?>
> Text AFTER php section
>
> where ProgramA/filename is a one-line text file--no html (though the
> real files are html-formatted).
>
> I get:
>
> Text from the sitemgr edit page
> text BEFORE php section
> Text AFTER php section
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Better, can someone point me to
> documentation?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.

the text you enter as a page content is not evaluated by the php
parser. It would be possible probably to include a way to have special
sections evaluated, but there would be very serious security
implications of this, I think.

But what you need is already provided for in the 0.9.16 version of
sitemgr. there is a file contents module. You could either create
three content blocks for your page:
1) html block
2) filecontents blcok
3) html block

or have one html content block, where you include the string

{filecontents?filepath=/path/to/your/filename}

at the appropriate place.

Michael