Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Alarms & Default Times In Calendars

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Alarms & Default Times In Calendars
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:51:08 +0200

Hi Larry,

I'm the maintainer and developer of the calendar at the moment.

Larry Hansford wrote:
In phpGroupWare 0.9.14.003, is there ia way to change the default start/stop times when adding a new appointment to the clendar? It currently defaults to a start time of of 12:00am, and and time of 12:00am. I would like the time to default to the current system time, rather than 12:00am if that is possible.

There is no way in .14 and the .14 development is stoped.

In .16 the default starttime the the day-start-time (in the day the time you clicked on). Theres now a default lenght in the user prefs.

I havn't planed to set the starttime to something else then the day-starttime (or the time you clicked on in the day-view). Not sure if the actual time realy makes sense here, are the majority of your dates starting when you put them in your cal? I daubt that a bit!

Also, does ther Alarm function work in this version of phpGroupWare? Users would like to be able t set an alarm for events so it notifies them a preset time ahead of the event, possibly by sending an e-mail message to all participants of the event.

This is in development for .16. Hopefully I'm ready with it before we feature-freece the .16 version.

Have a look at the wiki for the other new features in the cal in .16 http://www.phpgroupware.org/wiki/calendar

Ralf

Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden