[Phpgroupware-users] versioning with sitemgr

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] versioning with sitemgr
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 00:49:01 -0400

Hello,

Sitemgr in HEAD is now capable of versioning content. This means that
for each content block you can create different versions in parallel,
you can register one version per block for publishing so that you can
work on several changes to your website and commit them at once. In
other words you can have a production and a draft version of your
website and switch the draft version into production in one
step. Additionnaly there is a edit mode in which you can view the
public website and each content block is adorned with a link for
editing it. It is still somewhat experimental, but I would be glad
about any feedback from people who see a need for this type of
functionality. I did not yet have time for documentation, but that is
on the top of my todo list.

Michael

p.s.: a side note to the Rainers ;) I did not forget your feature
request of "timed content", that will only be visible in a certain
timeframe. This feature is not at all incompatible with the framework
I have designed and I intend to add it.