Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Alarms & Default Times In Calendars

From: Larry Hansford
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Alarms & Default Times In Calendars
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:19:22 -0400

At 04:39 PM 5/28/2003, you wrote:
El mié, 28 de 05 de 2003 a las 15:25, Heiko Tobias escribió:
> >Also, does ther Alarm function work in this version of
> >phpGroupWare? Users would like to be able t set an alarm for events so it
> >notifies them a preset time ahead of the event, possibly by sending an
> >e-mail message to all participants of the event.
>
> Or with an a notification-window - that will be very helpful.
> Another problem: If I get a invitation to an appointment, I only see it in my > calendar, no e-mail notification or other things. It will be very lucky to see if
> there is a new invitation.

Turn on email notifications in your calendar preferences

I have e-mail notifications turned on, and that works for notifying participants of new appointments. However, the original problem is not solved by that. There doesn't seem to be a way to set alarms that will notify participants a preset time before the event of the upcoming event. I'd prefer that the alarm would be able to send an e-mail notice rather than just an on-screen notice, so that the calendar would not have to be open on the desktop.

Thanks!

Larry