Re: [Phpgroupware-users] 0.9.16 Release - is it really stalled?

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] 0.9.16 Release - is it really stalled?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:12:50 +1000

"Dirk H. Schulz" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> --On Freitag, 16. Mai 2003 10:32 Uhr +1000 Dave Hall
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> RE: Hi all,
> RE:
> RE: Thanks lex for explaining things.
> RE:
> RE: I suppose that all users should have been notified about this
> earlier.RE: I am sorry for not sending a post.  Most of the issues
> have now been
> RE: resolved.  The 16 release will now be in the hands of the new
> RE: coordination team which will be established shortly.
>
> No apologies necessary. Just one fact I would like to critisize:
> If it
> should be a developers' discussion, then why post it topmost on
> the website?
> And if it should have been taken part in by all of the community
> (that
> means us users as well), then why just mention it but no link to
> where
> discussion is taking place?

So people would be aware of the discussion.  The outcomes of this
discussion will have a major impact on the way the project functions.
Users should be aware of issues that will affect them.

> To put it plainly: I am no developer and so it seems decent not to
> interfere with developers' affairs, but I am too much interested
> in the
> project's forthcoming as not to be upset by such a post.

Yes this was more a discussion for project contributors - but anyone who
had a contribution was welcome to.

> That is why I asked. I am glad it is cleared. Thanks for informing us.

np

Hopefully elections will be occurring very soon.