[Phpgroupware-users] Felamimail: supplied argument is not a valid imap

From: SoonYee
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Felamimail: supplied argument is not a valid imap resource
Date: 25 Apr 2003 10:22:22 -0700

Dear all,
  I have emailed the author of Felamimail, but received no response.

To date, I have done the following :

Upgraded Apache from 2.040 to 2.045 and PHP from 4.2.2 to 4.3.2RC
and imap-2002a to imap-2002c, phpGroupWare to 0.9.14.003 and I still
have the same problem. What's worse, after all the upgrading I can't
access my own imap server (which is different from my user's)
via Felamimail which I previously can.
And yes, register_globals is set to On.

I also tried accessing the same mailbox from other systems running PHP 4.3.0
and 4.3.1 with the same results.

The thing that baffles me is that it works fine under the stock email
client, so why does it say it is not a valid imap resource?

Can anyone suggest what I should try next?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
One of my users had the following error when changing user preferences
under Felamimail. However, he has no problems receiving mail with the
same mailbox under Email. I have checked the settings under Admin and
his personal preferences. They look perfectly ok to me.

Warning: imap_getmailboxes(): supplied argument is not a valid imap
resource in
/var/www/html/phpgroupware/felamimail/inc/class.bofelamimail.inc.php on
line 406

Warning: Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object in
/var/www/html/phpgroupware/felamimail/inc/hook_settings.inc.php on line
17

Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/var/www/html/phpgroupware/felamimail/inc/class.bofelamimail.inc.php on
line 86
FelaMiMail - Preferences*

In addition, when he selects Felamimail, it gives error
"The connection to the imap server failed"

This is what I get when I telnet to port 143 on the server:
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN] milkbase
IMAP4rev1 2003.337 at Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:22:15 -0700 (PDT)

I could also login via port 143.

--
SoonYee <address@hidden>