Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Daily emailing of Calendar events?

From: Chris Hirsch
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Daily emailing of Calendar events?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:39:21 -0600

Sweet! Well this just got phpgroupware accepted for real in my office :-) I'll let everybody know how it goes. The funny thing is that *this* is the killer app that we were after. Well, that, and integration with twiki, gallery and other fun things but I'll be looking at that in the future.

address@hidden wrote:
and I can confirm that Tom's contrib works :-)

Regards,
Hsing-Foo

Tom Gasaway (address@hidden) wrote*:

I submitted a patch (934) back in January that contains a script that
can be run as a cron on your server that sends email to users notifying
them of an upcoming event.  The user administers how far in advance of
the event they want to be notified through the "Alarm Management"
interface.  The patch is at:
http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=934&group_id=509

Tom

Chris Hirsch wrote:

Hey all..before I go trying to re-invent something that has already been
done, I was wondering if anybody had already created something that
would query the events in the Calendar for like the next 7 days and send
out a daily email containg all of these upcoming events. I would like
this to be a daily thing to give people a heads up on upcoming events.

This sounds super easy and I was hoping that somebody had already done
this or could point me in the correct direction for either a sql select
statement or whatever was necessary to do this.

Thanks!
Chris

Met vriendelijke groet,
STAR-SUPPORT Beheer