Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help needed: Configuration quick reference cha

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help needed: Configuration quick reference chart...
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 05:43:14 +1000

Adam Hull <address@hidden> wrote:

> This raises the neverending question of permissions. It has been
> reccommend numerous
> times to me that the phpgroupware directory and files not have x
> permissions.However, I have tested this and it does not work for
> me. this is true for the tmp
> directory as well
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this?
>
> what I reccommend is:
>
> phpgroupware 770

owned by user:group - *not* the apache user 664

> header.inc.php 770

owned by user:group - *not* the apache user - perms 664
or if you want to be able to edit the header, change the perms to
owned by apache-user:group - perms 664
then

> files 660

owned by apache-user:apache-user - *not* the apache user - perms 660

> tmp 770

/tmp should always be 777

Directory's also need the execute falg set, see the axiswiki for a quick
way to set this, sorry can't remember the page