[Phpgroupware-users] Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables...
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:17:13 -0700

I'm doing some digging trying to figure out why I'm getting this error:

Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables for
phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup.

I found where it is being created in phpgwapi/inc/functions.inc.php.  I'm
guessing this file gets called by almost everything.  Here's a snip of the
code:

----- 8< -----

  $GLOBALS['phpgw']->db->Halt_On_Error = 'no';
  @$GLOBALS['phpgw']->db->query("select count(config_name) from
phpgw_config");
  if (! @$GLOBALS['phpgw']->db->next_record())
  {
    $setup_dir = ereg_replace($PHP_SELF,'index.php','setup/');
database tables for
'
    .'phpGroupWare.  Click <a href="' . $setup_dir . '">here</a> to run
setup.</center>';
    exit;
  }
  $GLOBALS['phpgw']->db->Halt_On_Error = 'yes';

----- 8< ----

If I understand this correctly, it's sending a query to the sql server, and if
it doesn't find anything in the response it produces this error.  Is it
possible this is a timing issue?  The machine I'm testing this on isn't the
fastest thing on the planet.  K6 350mhz if I recall.  This would be
consistent with the problem going away by simply refreshing the browser
window.

Also, is $PHP_SELF correct here?  I've noticed that there isn't an index.php
file in all (any?) of the application setup dirs.  This is what is causing
the second problem I'm having related to this; intermittently getting
forbidden errors when I click on the provided link.  I've configured apache
not to auto index which causes the error when there isn't an index file in a
folder reference.  I'm sure we don't really want an auto generated index here
anyway. Should the apps have an index file in their setup folder or should
$PHP_SELF be replaced with the phpgw root directory (not sure the variable
name)?

...Izzy