Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Register Globals (was ldapmodify.php; data not

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Register Globals (was ldapmodify.php; data not being submitted)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:15:23 +0000

Try this:  go to http://phpgroupware.org/userdocs/ and read the Install doc.
What
part of that is out of date?  Granted, it wasn't linked on the site for some
time
but anytime anyone asked for an install doc I'd gve them that URL.

You don't need to be a php expert at all, but phpGW is HUGE for a php app, and
even
the concept is huge for any app.  phpgw also just sits on top of php and apache,
both of which have a zillion configuration possabilities, any of which may or
may
not break phpgw.  phpgw runs well on a basic default install, it's the add in
apps
written by 3rd parties and included for your convienience that are giving you
fits.

I do agree on the lack of geenral documentation, but the suite is still beta and
the interfaces, features, and general use of any part of it is up for change at
any
release.  The Devs are more interested in improving the apps than in docs,
hence a
third party providing docs.  Remember, this is BETA software, docs get done
last.