Re: [Phpgroupware-users] SECURITY ISSUE: Fatal Error: It appears that y

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] SECURITY ISSUE: Fatal Error: It appears that you have not createdthe database tables...
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:06:25 -0700

On Monday 31 Mar 2003 1:50 am, Izzy Blacklock wrote:
> Further to my posts re this error (it has nothing to do with LDAP by the
> looks of it so I figured I should start another thread).  Just to recap,
> I'm getting the following error intermittently, sometimes with a broken
> link:
>
> Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables for
> phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup.
>
> At this point, I'm not sure the cause, but I'm more concerned with the
> security issue it creates.  The provided link, when it's correct, links
> directly to the setup III page without prompting for a password.  This
> could leave a site open to attach or stupid user syndrome.  I noticed it
> when the error came up when I was logged in as a non-admin user.  After
> hitting re-check my database a few times, the normal setup screen came up
> complete with the "uninstall all applications" button.
>
> I'll post a bug report on this aspect of the problem.  I see past bug
> reports have been filed regarding the error coming up, but they've been
> closed with no solutions.

Kindly disregard.  I noticed after posting the bug report that I had a browser
window open and logged into the setup page.  That must have been why it
bypassed the login prompt.  I logged out and reproduced the problem to
verified you do get a password prompt with the provided link.

<blushing with embarrassment> I think it must be bed time....

...Izzy