[Phpgroupware-users] SECURITY ISSUE: Fatal Error: It appears that you

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] SECURITY ISSUE: Fatal Error: It appears that you have not createdthe database tables...
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:50:19 -0700

Further to my posts re this error (it has nothing to do with LDAP by the looks
of it so I figured I should start another thread).  Just to recap, I'm
getting the following error intermittently, sometimes with a broken link:

Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables for
phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup.

At this point, I'm not sure the cause, but I'm more concerned with the
security issue it creates.  The provided link, when it's correct, links
directly to the setup III page without prompting for a password.  This could
leave a site open to attach or stupid user syndrome.  I noticed it when the
error came up when I was logged in as a non-admin user.  After hitting
re-check my database a few times, the normal setup screen came up complete
with the "uninstall all applications" button.

I'll post a bug report on this aspect of the problem.  I see past bug reports
have been filed regarding the error coming up, but they've been closed with
no solutions.

...Izzy