Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Update: LDAP: new problem, database corruption

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Update: LDAP: new problem, database corruption???
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:01:10 -0700

On Sunday 30 Mar 2003 11:21 pm, Izzy Blacklock wrote:
> Well, I thought I was smooth sailing.  I'm now able to modify existing ldap
> accounts, can give myself admin privs, and was starting to configure the
> default and forced user preferences.  All of a sudden, I ended up with this
> error.
>
> ---- 8< ----
> Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables for
> phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup.
> ---- 8< ----
>

> When I click the link I'm taken to the configure screen with the following
> messages:
>

> ---- 8< ----
> Your Database is not working!
> Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are
> set.
>
> Instructions for creating the database in PostgreSQL:
> Start the postmaster
> address@hidden user]# postmaster -i -D /home/[username]/[dataDir]
> Create the empty database -
> address@hidden user]# createdb phpgroupware
> Or we can attempt to create the database for you:
> ---- 8< ----
>
> If I click "Re-Check my database", all is well again.  Well sometimes.  I
> just noticed that sometimes I end up looping on this page but eventually it
> thinks all is ok again.
>
> I've also noticed that the link to run setup in the message above sometimes
> points to https://192.168.10.200/iwww2/preferences/setup/ (iwww2 is an
> alias to my phpgw root).  This produces a Forbidden error and is logged in
> apache's error log as follows:
>
> Directory index forbidden by rule:
> /mnt/data/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/preferences/setup/
>
> Auto creation of indexes is forbidden in my configuration and there is no
> index file in this directory.
>
> Any thoughts?

I just found that there were 6 logged in users, all of them me.  I killed all
the old ones off.  They were dated from earlier this afternoon.  Perhaps left
over from past troubleshooting efforts?  Could this have caused the strange
database problems?  I just got another error, but overall things seem
stabler.

...Izzy